Huge Shutdown Improvement
Olli and Andrew McCreight continued with reducing CC pauses:
- bug 820378: Delay CC if we’re in the middle of a GC, to allow async CC prep
- bug 827471: Remove more wrapped JS from the CC graph
- bug 705371: Remove pointless JSContexts from the CC graph
- bug 785493: Reduce size of steady state cycle collector graph by about 80%
- bug 821371: Include prep work in cycle collector pause time telemetry
Vladan landed bug 807021. Firefox should now handle DOM Local Storage writes without janking.
Aaron Klotz landed a telemetry probe to measure how often the ‘Firefox is running but not responding’ dialog is encountered on attempted startup: bug 815418. This will help us decide on whether (or when) to add functionality to kill unresponsive Firefox instances.